Wednesday, September 2, 2009

the proper use of imagination...

"The proper use of imagination is to give beauty to the world... the gift of imagination is used to cast over the commonplace workaday world a veil of beauty and make it throb with our esthetic enjoyment." -Lin Yutang "If eyes were made for seeing, then beauty is its own excuse for being." -emerson "Beauty seen is never lost..." John Greenleaf Whittier morning page: play your heart out...
play your heart out: *with a friend
*in the backyard
*at the beach
*at the fair
*in the art room
*on the computer
a gratitude fling:
*coffee
*rain
*berries for picking
*home-canned vegies
*BBQs
news: 248-dimensional math problem solved!
(wow! it's a mind boggler, isn't it?) morning page: imaginary places to live:
morning page: aging
i grow more intense as i age...Florida Scott-Maxwell other aging-related quotes:
Gilda Radner: "I base most of my fashion taste on what doesn't itch."
Pearl S. Buck: "Ah well, perhaps one has to be very old before one learns to be amused rather than shocked."
anon.:"Age has given me what I was looking for my entire life - it gave me me."
Ralph Waldo Emerson said: "All my best thoughts were stolen by the ancients."
so here i have shared with you some of my thoughts which someone else besides me has written down. let's keep reading and enjoying each other's thoughts! my life has been blessed richly by other's sharing... thank you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment