Monday, June 29, 2009

colorful world

ahhh...the bohemian mountain: a palette of blues and a contrast of shapes... i am so in love with the colors of my world!!
one of the challenges for my card-making group is "black and white". my theme is:" i'm glad i don't live in a black and white world".
so here are some of the colors of my world...
RED:
i don't love the color red. most of the time i don't even LIKE the color red. but splashes of it wake up your eyes and your senses. and my fairy chimes are red!
PURPLE. AND ORANGE:
i DO however LOVE purple. and orange. so of course these pansies called out to me.
unfortunately, they did not survive my black thumb. every time i buy plants then kill them, i tell myself, " i'm never buying plants again!". then the colors call out to me. they don't realize i'm a plant killer... so they gladly come home with me. yes, i always feel remorse...
BLUES:
blues are not my favorite but i do love indigo. and sometimes the sky is soooo blue it makes me want to cry. i love the ocean but our pacific ocean up here in the northwestern-most corner of the country is usually a gray-blue. in costa rica, however, the ocean is this lovely teal blue color i can't even begin to describe! and none of my pictures ever do it justice!
YELLOW:
and these gorgeous yellow flowers that bloom out every early summer... they herald summer for me!
MORE BLUES:
the blues in the nearby lake change every moment. and the texture is ever-changing also. sometimes smooth as glass, sometimes choppy as the ocean with gleaming white caps on every wave... PURPLEY-BLUE: (yes, mr. spellcheck, of course that's a real word!!)
these flowers grow in my sister's tuscan garden. (yes, the picture is sideways but all i want you to notice is the color!) this color, i love.
well... i managed to accidentally delete the other pictures of color in my world i wanted to show you. it is one of those technically challenging days for me. i have them quite consistently. one thing about me...i am quite consistent! *big sigh*
don't pass by the colors in your world today without noticing them...
as Alice Walker said:
"I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field and don't notice it." wishing a rainbow of colors to you today...

1 comment:

  1. Pretty photos--isn't it irritating when technology goes awry? For example, Blogger used to let me drag and move photos around in a post--but now it won't! Argh (deep breath...).

    ReplyDelete