Tuesday, June 9, 2009

live deep

the bohemian mountain's mood today: deep... "Deep sky is, of all visual impressions, the nearest akin to a feeling." -Samuel Taylor Coleridge this bohemian's mood today: scattered. i apologise in advance for the incoherence... i just threw this journal page in because it makes me laugh. laughter is my medicine, as is: chocolate, vitamin D from sunshine, the smell of flowers, the view of my mountain, etc... and today i am in need of medicine. a big ugly headache has latched onto me and i'm trying to fight it off. oh, and did i mention ART as my medicine also?! Art is my therapy, my passion, my distraction, my addiction... you get the picture...
art is also my sustenance. it nourishes and sustains my inner being. i can't live without it.
the quote on this journal page reads: "To fulfill a dream, to be allowed to sweat over lonely labor, to be given the chance to create, is the meat and potatoes of life." -Bette Davis
i couldn't agree more heartily. so, on my enforced day of rest, this is what i hope to do...
these (above) last two journal pages are from my "orange" book. just on a lark, i started a book for each color. i have worked on them mostly at my crafters' retreat every january. they have provided me with such a freedom to PLAY! and you know how i like to play..
hope there are many, many moments of play in your life today...
p.s. the title on this post came from Henry Seidel Canby words: "Live deep instead of fast."

No comments:

Post a Comment