Sunday, June 14, 2009

joy is hiding in plain sight

half-hidden is the bohemian mountain's beauty today. half-hidden is the glory of the sun today. half-hidden is the bohemian's happiness today. not gloomy is she, but low...feeling low today. but there were moments of gladness... small, seemingly insignificant things. things that made her mouth turn up into a smile and her heart jump with a small stab of joy. hidden within the greenery of this bush were the buds of brilliant yellow flowers waiting for their glory moment... waiting...
waiting...
till on this day of half-hidden moments of joy,
came the full-bursting of its hinted splendor!
and yes, it made the melancholy bohemian smile with pleasure.
using the words of the poet John Greenleaf Whittier,
"Close to my heart I fold each lovely thing
the sweet day yields",
the bohemian savored the small remarkable moment.
on such a melancholy day, what soothes the heart better than poetry?
"Ink runs from the corners of my mouth. There is no happiness like mine. I have been eating poetry." -Mark Strand one last half-hidden moment of amusement... black cat made the bohemian laugh out loud. no small accomplishment on such a day as this one... seek the joy even on its hidden days... because life is soooo good.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, this is Sherri from Foziewisp! (My Google handle is "SS"--gotta change that, somehow.) Welcome to the blogosphere! It's so fun to find new blogs, isn't it? I'm glad to meet you, virtually! (That mountain is TOO gorgeous, BTW!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the new pics! very clear and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shari, you crack me up with your misspelled name! As potentially weird as it may sound, boba is a beverage that originated in Asia--it has little balls of tapioca in it. It's actually quite delicious, if a bit off putting at first. And HOW I wish I knew how to put a photo in the "followers" gadget...I would follow a bunch of blogs if only I could make an avatar (I'm not too tech savvy, alas). We'll figure it out, won't we?

    ReplyDelete